Policy 10-002: University Flag Policy
- To establish university Policy relating to the official display of the flag of the United States of America.
- Public Law 94-344
- The U.S. flag at the center of Presidents' Circle is considered the official flag of the university.
- U.S. flags are also flown at Fort Douglas and at University Hospital. Other permanent installations of U.S. flags may not be established without the express written consent of the president of the university.
- Public Law 94-344 shall govern the proper use and display of the flag.
- The flag, when flown 24 hours a day, shall be illuminated at night.
- The flag will only be lowered on orders of the president of the university and will not routinely be lowered on the occasion of death of faculty, students or staff.
- The Public Safety department is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the flags at Presidents' Circle and Fort Douglas. Hospital Customer Service is responsible for the flag at University Hospital.
- Policy Owner:
Questions about this Policy and any related Rules, Procedures and
Guidelines should be directed to the the Executive Assistant to the President.
- Policy Officer: Only the President of the University or his/her designee has the authority to grant exceptions to this Policy.
- Policy Owner: Questions about this Policy and any related Rules, Procedures and Guidelines should be directed to the the Executive Assistant to the President.
Approved: Board of Trustees 5/13/96