Policy 3-235: Campus Intradepartmental Radio Communications and Licensing
- To outline the regulations and control of campus intradepartmental radio communications for all campus entities except KUED, KUER, KLUC, KUTE, close circuit television and other standard broadcast operations.
- All Federal Communications Commission (FCC) licenses except standard broadcast will be issued in the name of Facility Operations.
- The technical regulation and use of licensed channels will be under the supervision of Facility Operations.
- All transmitting stations must comply with the outlined operating regulations of the FCC. Facility Operations will insure that each station is operated in accordance with these regulations.
- Procurement & Contracting Services will only authorize the purchase or other type of acquistion of transmitting equipment with prior review by and approval of Facility Operations, including approval of installation plans. These reviews are performed to insure that equipment and installation plans are in compliance with FCC specifications.
- University transmitters shall be operated by approved operators only. New operators require clearance and training provided or approved by Facility Operations. This clearance is performed to verify each operator's radio operating qualifications.
- Requests for permission to broadcast over licensed channels will be submitted in writing to the Vice President for Administrative Services. After inspection of the requesting department's transmission equipment and verification of qualifications of operators by Facility Operations, an approval/disapproval letter will be issued by the Vice President for Administrative Services.
Approved: Board of Trustees 7/8/96