Policy 6-208: Graduate Studies and Degrees, Master of Engineering for the College of Engineering
- Purpose and Scope
- Policy: Requirements for the Degree of Master of
for the College of Engineering
- Course Requirements. Requirements for the degree Master of Engineering (M.E.) will be the completion, with at least a 3.0 average, of 45 hours of approved course work in engineering and allied fields. A minimum of 36 hours must be at the University of Utah.
- Supervisory Committee. Each candidate for the Master of Engineering degree will have an individual supervisory committee which must approve the program of study. With the approval of the supervisory committee, the student's program may be either departmental or interdisciplinary. The degree may be offered by the College of Engineering or the departments of the College of Engineering and by the departments in the College of Mines and Earth Sciences which normally offer degrees in engineering.
- Admission to Candidacy. The qualifications for admission to the Master of Engineering program are the same as those of the Graduate School.
- Rules, Procedures, Guidelines, Forms and other related resources
- Other related resource materials
- Policy Owner:
- Questions about this Policy and any related Rules, Procedures and Guidelines should be directed to the Dean of the Graduate School.
Only the Sr. Vice President for Academic Affairs and the Sr. Vice President
for Health Sciences or their designees have the authority to grant exceptions to this
- Policy Owner:
- Approved: University Senate 3/3/80
- Approved: Institutional Council 3/10/80