- To outline the method of obtaining services from campus agencies wherein one account number is charged and another account number is credited.
- Services may be requested from campus service agencies by submitting a Campus Order directly to the appropriate agency.
- Transfer of funds between departments to complete a sales or service transaction will
be made only if submitted on a completed Campus Order. Campus Orders require the following
minimal information which shall be included by the buying and selling departments
- Buying department
- Name of buying department
- Appropriate account and amount to be charged
- Description of the service or goods requested
- delivery instructions
- Authorized signature
- Selling department
- Appropriate account and amount to be credited
- Amount to be charged to the buying department
- Authorized signature of selling department
- Buying department
- Departments should contact the selling department directly concerning incorrect charges billed by the selling department.
- Selling departments may refuse to accept orders that it reasonably believes will be dishonored by the buying department.
- Campus Orders may not be used for transactions under $1.00. Requests for services below this minimum will be returned to the selling department. Departments should accumulate these transactions for submittal when the cost exceeds the $1.00 limitation.
- Normally orders will not encumber funds until payment is made. Departments wishing
to encumber funds in advance of payments or establish a blanket order with other campus
agencies may do so as follows:
- Campus Orders should be marked "encumber" and sent directly to accounts payable.
- Blanket Campus Orders need only the account to be charged, amount encumbered and authorized signature.
- Payment of encumbered or blanket orders will be made by submittal of an unnumbered Campus Order identified with the encumbered order number.
- If the amount paid is different from the amount previously encumbered, or if the encumbrance is to be cancelled, please write special instructions for cancelling on the order.
- Encumbrances will be made only for orders in excess of $25.